I named 2013 the Year of Ready because:
- my brother-in-law died suddenly one Christmas
- our will was outdated (written before my last son’s birth)
- when I prayed about it, the word ready kept coming to mind
Those are simple reasons, and really, that’s all it takes.
As I began to ponder *ready* last January, I made a list of things I’d like to do, in answer to my pastor‘s call to invest:
- discipleship ministry
- tutoring ministry
- mission work, including traveling halfway around the globe in October (waaaay beyond my comfort zone)
These were ways I could invest myself in the lives of others and be true to my calling as a follower of Jesus. I did these things, and learned volumes in the process. (I wish I could say more about the trip, but I can’t.)
Other things accomplished in the Year of Ready:
- I took actual investing lessons (stock market) from my father, who is wise and good about such things.
- We redid our will.
There is more, and I will continue another day. I will close with a screen shot of a page from the study Follow Me, the last study our small group did in 2013. The page was part of my homework, and it said, “Are you READY?”
I love that God is cool like that.
Join me in naming your year in 2014?